Fall 2023 Registration
REGISTER HERE - https://ovysl.byga.net/programs/yg3zz94i52/signup
ABOUT OUR REC PROGRAM
Our Fall Program will run for 10 weeks, and all players will receive one coaching session a week with their OV Toros FC professional coach. Throughout the 10 weeks, the program provides the players with the opportunity to learn fundamental and new soccer skills through our different weekly topics.
On game days, we work with volunteer coaches (parents/guardians/siblings) to assist the running of the teams. The players will start game days a couple of weeks into our Recreational program start date.
- Our U6 players will be grouped on ability/skill level each game day to make sure games are fun and challenging for each player.
- Our U8 to U16 players will be put in teams for game days within the first two weeks of the season and will stay in the same team throughout. Players will have the opportunity for one buddy request when registering.
COST FOR FULL FALL SEASON
$275 - includes OV Toros FC practice jersey and game day uniform (U6 receive game jersey only)
We do offer scholarships. Details and inquiry here: https://ovysl.byga.net/f/nlhaldsxyp
IMPORTANT DEADLINES & PROGRAM DATES:
- May 27, 2023: registration opens
- July 14, 2023: Deadline to submit online without a late fee
- July 14 - August 13, 2023: Online registration remains open with an applicable $50.00 late fee.
- August 8 2023: Welcome meeting on Zoom for U6/U8 players/families.
- August 8 2023: Welcome meeting on Zoom for U10 to U14 players/families.
- August 13 2023: Online registration system CLOSES; a wait list will open after this date if not already maxed out.
- August 14 2023: practices start for all age groups.
- August 18 2023: Training event for all Volunteer Coaches.
- August 25 2023: (approx): game schedule for our U10 to U16 teams will be announced by the league (CalNorth) and games can be either on Saturdays or Sundays.
- August 26 2023: games for U6 and U8 start at PA Walsh (age group game times schedule will be announced in August on welcome meeting and will be the same every week)
- Picture day: weekend in September (TBC exact date)
- October 21 2023: presentation day for all age groups at PA Walsh.
- October 21/22, 2023: Professional Coach practices finish and end of season games*
*end of season games may be slightly different for U10 to U14 pending game schedule
· Morgan Hill (all ages groups) - Morgan Hill Outdoor Sports Complex, 16500 Condit Road
· Gilroy (U6 and U8) - Brownell Middle School, 7701 Hanna Street/Las Animas Park, Mantelli Dr, Gilroy, 95020
· U6 and U8 will play at PA Walsh School, Peak Ave, Morgan Hill
· U10 to U14 home games will vary from Morgan Hill Complex to Kirigin Winery and other local schools fields. Away games will vary with other local recreational program fields.
· U6 - 2018/2019
· U8 - 2016/2017
· U10 - 2014/2015
· U12 - 2012/2013
· U14 - 2010/2011
· U16 - 2008/2009
BEING A VOLUNTEER COACH
Register here to be a volunteer coach: OV Toros FC (byga.net)
Volunteer coaches are required for all age groups. Volunteer coaches are required to complete the following:
- Online registration on our BYGA form (above) - Register Team Staff / Volunteer
- Online background check - sent through by Registrar
- Lots of enthusiasm and positivity!
What the club will provide:
- Every volunteer coach will receive an OV Toros FC jersey to wear every game day
- A volunteer coach training event to all coaches who’d like to learn further session ideas they can run with their team on their optional weekly session. This date will be announced in March.
- Full access to www.thecoachingmanual.com to gain session ideas for volunteer coach run sessions.
- Full support to provide a successful season.
Volunteer coach responsibilities throughout the season
U6: under the supervision of our professional coach, U6 volunteer coaches will help run fields every Saturday at PA Walsh School.
U8: under the supervision of our professional coach, U8 volunteer coaches will help run a team every Saturday at PA Walsh School and work with the other team coach to facilitate a fun and competitive game!
U10 to U14: volunteer coaches will help run a team every weekend either home or away through the Play Thru system. U10 to U14 volunteer coaches can run a session every week with their team (separate to the professional coaching session) at PA Walsh School.
If you have any questions, please contact our Rec and Camps Director, Fidel Egbe on firstname.lastname@example.org.