What is the Pre Competition Academy program
OV Toros FC have set up a Pre Competition Academy program to help bridge the gap between recreational soccer and competition soccer. The program looks to fully prepare a player for the competition soccer environment. Additionally, the program provides parents and players an idea of what competition soccer is and seeing whether soccer is the sport for them without committing to the full year of competition soccer.
**FALL 2021 PROGRAM DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED IN DUE COURSE*
What ages is the program open to?
We are currently offering the program to the following ages: 2009 to 2014 girls and boys
What will the player learn within the program
- Develop their technical skills and how to use these within a game
- Develop their tactical understanding, including positions within the 7v7 game and how each position has different responsibilities
- Being able to put all technical and tactical skills into a game situation
- Being able to work as a team to play good soccer
What do I have to do to get into the Pre Competition Academy program?
Parents and players will be invited to join the Pre Competition academy by a Professional Coach and Jack McMullen (7v7 and 9v9 Director of Coaching). However, a parent and player can request to be a part of the program by contacting Jack McMullen at email@example.com, and a spot may be offered pending a player assessment.
What sort of players and parents are we looking for?
We are looking for players and parents who show the following:
- A love for the game of soccer
- A desire to improve their soccer skills within a team environment
- A desire to play competition soccer in the future
- A commitment to turn up every week
When does the program start?
Fall dates will be announced in due course.
Who do I contact if I have a question?
If you have further questions, please contact Jack McMullen (7v7 and 9v9 Director of Coaching) on firstname.lastname@example.org.